Position at the Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium
The Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium is temporarily hiring a researcher for a period of 6 months to carry out a socioeconomic study of the impact of the weather forecasts on traffic jams and greenhouse gas emissions.
The hired person will work out case studies on past events of heavy snow fall:
• documenting the predictability of the events,
• analyzing the decision-making process,
• making estimates of the impact of the measures taken during such events.
The 6-months internship will be finalized by writing a report.
- A master in Science (engineering, geography, physics, mathematics)
- A good understanding of atmospheric modeling and weather prediction
- An ability to work within a team and to easily communicate research
- An ability to write reports
- A contract at the level of SW1 of the Federal Belgian Scientific career for a 6-month period.
- Reimbursement of the local public transports.
- A nice working environment.
If you are interested by this position, please send by email a motivation letter and a Curriculum Vitae to Béatrice Libioulle (email@example.com), before 1 December 2021, mentioning in the subject of the email the acronym of the project (COSTLOSS).