Werken bij het KMI
The Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium wants to hire a scientist with excellent IT skills.
He/she will support our participation in the Geostationary Earth Radiation Budget (GERB, see http://gerb.oma.be) experiment. This is an international project in collaboration with the European Meteorological Satellite (EUMETSAT) organisation, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL) and Imperial College London as main partners. Our main contribution to the project consists of the generation of the level 2 GERB datasets.
His/her tasks will be:
- Development and integration of new features into the GERB data processing system.
- The administration of the operational satellite processing infrastructure.
- Scientific analysis of GERB/SEVIRI data.
The candidate should have at least:
- A master or PhD degree in natural sciences and/or engineering.
- Affinity with scientific research in (geo)physics.
- Working experience with UNIX operating system administration.
- Working experience in scientific programming (C, C++, Fortran, …).
- Good working knowledge of English.
- Citizen of the European Economic Area or Switzerland
The following skills will be considered assets:
- Experience in server and service management
- Working experience with at least one scripting language (Bash, Perl, Python, …)
- Working experience of a data processing language (R, …)
- Good English writing and presentation skills.