The main objectives of this service are to keep a database of the observations of meteorological parameters from the past and present up to date and to use them to answer the numerous questions from the public and the authorities.
- Ensure the management and monitoring of the climatic observation network, including contact with the observers, to ensure good homogeneity of the observation series.
- Perform a quality control of the observation data that fall within the scope of competence of the service.
- Providing users with meteorological, climatological and hydrological information, as well as data and products in the form of subscriptions.
- Check the availability and quality of the data and, if necessary, respond quickly to the production and development groups.
- The development and updating of a detailed catalog with available data, products and services
Dr. Cédric Bertrand (FR) , Responsible Person for quality control and observation network
Tel.: 0032 (0)2/ 373 05 70
Luc Debontridder (NL), Responsible Person for Information
Tel.: 0032 (0)2/ 373 05 21
Dr. Veerle De Bock (NL), Information
Tel.: 02/ 373 05 21
Tel.: 0032 (0)2/ 373 05 20 or 0032 (0)2/ 373 05 21