About the RMI
Since the RMI has a longstanding experience in climatology, the goal is to initiate the development of a Belgian Climate Center.
- Climate Services intended to inform the society about the state of the climate, its evolution in the past and what will happen in the future.
- Developing a web-based climatological atlas
- Long-term strategy supported by scientific projects funded by external sources (e.g. CORDEX.be, GERB, EUMETSAT SAFs, ESA Earthcare, Copernicus Climate Change Services or DIGIT)
- Hub of climate information
- The whole population
- Public authorities
- Decision makers
- Lack of required funding from the government to reach this target